Gamma Sigma Delta is an international honor society dedicated to recognizing accomplishments as a student, faculty, alumnus or industry leader in agriculture and the related sciences. Only those of the highest caliber are invited to join, which is why professionals throughout the nation and internationally recognize membership in Gamma Sigma Delta as a milestone achievement.
Dues for Returning Members
Dues for returning members can be paid at any time. You may pay by credit card using the PayPal button below or a $21 check made payable to “Gamma Sigma Delta” and the Dues Notice can be directed to:
Julie Tolliver, GSD Treasurer
Biosystems and Agricultural Engineering
128 C.E. Barnhart Bldg.
University of Kentucky
Lexington, KY 40546-0276.
Members are encouraged to contribute (any amount) to the Gamma Sigma Delta Gold Fund endowment. For a $500 (minimum) contribution, you will be designated as a Lifetime Member of Gamma Sigma Delta. Endowment fund donation checks must be made payable to the University of Kentucky. Contributions to the GSD Gold Fund endowment are tax deductible in the year the contribution is made. Lifetime Members contributing a minimum single donation of $500 to the endowment will no longer be asked to pay annual dues to Gamma Sigma Delta.
Awards and Initiation Banquet
The University of Kentucky chapter of Gamma Sigma Delta will hold it's annual Awards and Initiation Banquet at 6:00pm in the E.S. Good Barn (reception begins at 5:30) on October 25th. Tickets are $22 each and may be purchased through the PayPal ap below.
Initiation Fee for Newly Invited Members
If you were invited to join Gamma Sigma Delta this semester, you will not be able to pay your $25 initiation fee through the PayPal ap on this page. That is because PayPal does not offer a mechanism for us to collect the information required on the Membership Acceptance Form. You should have received a membership acceptance form by email, attached to your invitation to join. This form, along with the $25 initiation fee should be returned to Gamma Sigma Delta Secretary Megan Lucy in L-104 Ag Science North. Newly initiated members do not have to pay the $21 local chapter dues during their first year of membership.
Paypal for Returning Member Dues and Banquet Tickets
2005 marked 50 years of the University of Kentucky chapter of Gamma Sigma Delta supporting excellence in Kentucky agriculture. In 2008, the Kentucky Chapter hosted the 51st GSD International Conclave in Lexington.
- Gold Chapter Award, 2011-2012
- Outstanding Chapter Award, 2010-2011
- New Activity Award, 2010-2011
- Gold Chapter Award 2009-2010, GSD International Executive Committee
- Susan Sponcil elected International Officer: President, 2008-2010
- Gold Chapter Award 2008-2009, GSD International Executive Committee
- Gold Chapter Award 2007-2008, GSD International Executive Committee
- Host of 2008 International Conclave, June 2008
- Gold Chapter Award 2006-2007, GSD International Executive Committee
- Susan Sponcil elected International Officer: President-Elect for 2006-2008
- Silver Chapter Award 2005-2006, GSD International Executive Committee
- Outstanding Chapter 2004-2005, GSD International Executive Committee
- Outstanding Chapter 2003-2004, GSD International Executive Committee
- Outstanding Chapter 2002-2003, GSD International Executive Committee
- Outstanding Chapter 2000-2001, GSD International Executive Committee
- Mary Marchant elected International Officer: Historian for 2000-2006
- Outstanding Chapter 1999-2000, GSD International Executive Committee
- New Activity Award 1999-2000, GSD International Executive Committee
- Outstanding Chapter 1998-1999, GSD International Executive Committee
- Honorable Mention, 1996, GSD International Executive Committee
- Chapter Enrichment Grant, GSD International Executive Committee, 2006
- Barnhart Fund for Excellence, UK College of Agriculture, 2000
- Chapter Enrichment Grant, GSD International Executive Committee, 1999